tamabam

tamabam

My alternate identity is Tammy Walton Grant at GoodReads

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer I had been avoiding reading this one mostly on principle - I found all the hype vaguely disturbing, and started watching True Blood in 2008 (TEAM BILL!). But I've read all of the Sookie books and True Blood doesn't start up until June so what's a girl to do?

I read Twilight one Saturday afternoon last month. While I can certainly understand the appeal and why it is so popular it didn't do anything for me.

Part of the vampire allure for me is the whole "bad boy" thing. I didn't get that from Twilight. I like my vampires a little more "active" than Edward is - vampires are supposed to be dangerous, sexy, forbidden, the best and worst thing that could happen to you all at once. They sleep all day and try to seduce you at night. I just didn't get that vibe from the Cullens. I suppose part of it is because Ms. Meyer is writing for a teenage audience, but even so - I was in high school once and was reading a lot steamier stuff even then.

I'd probably like Twilight more if it were written for adults - with more substance to the story and the writing. I don't want to sound like I'm a Charlaine Harris snob, either: the Sookie books leave a LOT to be desired in terms of their writing as well. The characters keep me coming back - they are all adults and Bill and Eric are much more appealing to me than Edward and Jacob.

Of course, if it was written that way it wouldn't be Twilight anymore, would it?

A final note, though - if I was still in high school I too would be in love with Edward.