tamabam

tamabam

My alternate identity is Tammy Walton Grant at GoodReads

Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward Still crack-tastic but this one was prehtty awfuhl. That would be my headline if anyone cared to publish my review of Lover Enshrined.

I was so pissed off at the ending of Lover Unbound that it took me over a month to get over my pout. Then I picked up Lover Enshrined. For awhile, I really enjoyed it. I actually read the baby powder parts and paid attention. Finally, after 5 books, Ward ties the Omega in with the Brotherhood! And she set it up so you weren't sure which of the boys it was going to be! Yay!

Nuts. Back to Phury pining over Bella. Somebody smack that vampire upside the head with a frying pan. Oh look, he's dabbling with heroin. Jeez. V, Rehv, somebody? And how come everyone tolerates his dodging his role as Primale? Can't consummate with Cormia because of WHAT? Get OVER yourself, buddy. Kicked out of the Brotherhood? It's about time, Wrath!

Ggrrrr. I had no patience with this guy at all. I like a tortured hero as much as the next girl (LOVE Zsadist and Vishous) but I thought Phury was more like a martyr - and I don't care for those very much.

I enjoyed the lead-up for upcoming books about Rehvenge and John-Matthew as well. I'm interested in reading Rehv's story - I'm still trying to figure out how this sympath thing works. I'm also pretty curious about Qhuinn and Blay. And Tohr has come back! Is that good? And what's the story with the guy that brought him? I felt like I'd missed something - Ward wrote about him like we should all know who he was. Hhmmm.

The (seemingly) 100 other stories mashed together in this book was also ok for me, even though I usually think she spends too much time setting them up. With this book I think it's because I thought Phury was such a suck that I didn't care whether he got his HEA or not.

As a final note, I think I see what people mean when they talk about the transition from PNR to UF. This book is quite different from the first 3 or 4. I guess you could say it is a natural progression of the series; that the war with the Lessors is coming soon and Ward needs to set it up for us. And bring in new characters to keep writing about, etc. In this book I think all of that detail, while you could argue it's necessary, detracts from the romance between Phury and Cormia. Not nearly the same amount of time is spent with them as with Butch and Marissa, for example. I was fortunate with this book - I didn't like Phury so it didn't matter as much to me. I can't say the same for Vishous and Lover Unbound. I LOVE him - and Ward did the same thing with his book.

Oh well. I'll wait a bit, get over pout #2, and read Lover Avenged.